Children and Youth Feeling Valued, Heard and Included
There exists a power difference between young people and adults, and missed opportunities for young people to be heard and involved in meaningful ways.
- CYPT has hired 3 Youth Connector positions in partnership with Carizon and Smart Waterloo Region
- Implementation of the Youth Impact Survey Phase 2 (Launched April 30, 2021)
- Youth sense-making sessions
- Youth Connector-led focus group consultation with young people about community data dissemination
- Youth Connector-led analysis of “what should adults do with the Youth Impact Survey data?”
- Active and intentional actions to engage youth in work (coming soon)
- Mapping youth engagement work (coming soon)
- Youth Engagement Framework (coming soon)
- 904: The number of hours contributed to the work of the CYPT from youth in 2020.
- Youth Impact Survey Phase 1 Data Briefs
- 73.6% of youth who responded to the 2020 Youth Impact Survey felt they could express themselves with their friends.
- 67.9% of youth who responded to the 2020 Youth Impact Survey felt they could express themselves with their family.