Backbone Staff are the paid staffing who provide ongoing support to all functions of the Children and Youth Planning Table. They are the “knitters” who seek out and highlight connection points to the work of the Table and to the issue of child and youth wellbeing in general. Specifically, they provide support in the following ways to help move the work of the collaborative forward:
- Strategic direction (helping to guide the Vision and direction, connecting the CYPT to other initiatives or collaboratives in the community).
- Data (supporting the data collecting and the use of data for learning and evaluation).
- Engagement and Communication (facilitating communication and dialogue between partners as well as cultivating relationships throughout the community).
- Facilitation (specifically in support of Standing and Working Groups).
- Administration (addressing the logistical needs of the Table, helping to mobilize resources, etc.).